CSDEFR
předchozí další

Search

Navigation

 

Top news

Events

Chapel of St. Cyril and Metoděj of the Czechoslovak Hussite Church at Chudobín

The construction of this chapel is an evidence of religious disputes in the beginning of the 20s of the 20th century a big determination of the believers of Chudobín and surrounding villages. It is a rather large building. Together with the presbytery it is situated in a small park. It was built in 1923 –1925. It is interesting that after it had been built till 1935 it was used by the orthodox church. Josef Žídek, a priest, who also helped to build an orthodox cathedral, organized all these vents.

In the Chapel there are pictures of the saints by Alois Kučer, a painter from Litovel, and in 1966 they brought an organ here from an evangelic church (Red Church) that had been closed down. There are regular services in the church.

The chapel together with two other churches gave a nickname to Chudobín – it is called a village with three churches.

 

 
 
 
Mikroregion LitovelskoMikroregion Litovelsko, nám. Přemysla Otakara 778, 784 01 Litovel,
tel.: +420 585 153 134, e-mail:mikroregion@mestolitovel.cz
ID datové schránky: 45nvcji

Turistické informační centrumTuristické informační centrum náměstí Přemysla Otakara 762 Litovel, 784 01
Tel.: +420 585 150 221, +420 721 269 146, e-mail:tic@litovel.eu, www.tic.litovel.eu
MMR ČRProjekt spolufinancován Ministerstvem pro místní rozvoj ČR.
load