předchozí další




Top news


Town hall with a tower

At the front of the square of Přemysl Otakar II there is a building that used to be a reeve’s seat, then a mansion and since the middle of the 16th century it has been a town hall. The building was many times rebuilt in late Gothic, Renaissance and Barocco style. The current town hall look has been preserved since the 70s of the 19th century and after the reconstruction in the 90s of the 20th century. The tower – one of the sights dominating the town – was built in the end of the 15th century. Directly bellow it a branch of the river Morava called Nečíz flows and therefore they say that it is the highest tower in Moravia.

In the yard there is a sandstone portal with coat-of-arms of the Vlašíms (dating back to 1498) that was secondarily embedded, in the hall there is a Renaissance plaque from the 15th century with coat-of-arms of the town and angels that have peculiar genitals. Evil rumors say that it is an evidence of immorality of Jan Šembera of Boskovice, a nobleman from Litovel. In the ceremonial hall there are groins depicting the town history.

In the left part – in the town hall – there is a municipal office and mayor’s office. On the right hand side there used to be butcher’s and bakery, barracks, district office and nowadays there also is a school.



Related articles

Litovel radnice a morový sloup
Mikroregion LitovelskoMikroregion Litovelsko, nám. Přemysla Otakara 778, 784 01 Litovel,
tel.: +420 585 153 134, e-mail:mikroregion@mestolitovel.cz
ID datové schránky: 45nvcji

Turistické informační centrumTuristické informační centrum náměstí Přemysla Otakara 762 Litovel, 784 01
Tel.: +420 585 150 221, +420 721 269 146, e-mail:tic@litovel.eu, www.tic.litovel.eu
MMR ČRProjekt spolufinancován Ministerstvem pro místní rozvoj ČR.